Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Transformations

I was thrilled to get an email this morning from Pat Stokes, Hannah's mom. I knew when I was fostering Hannah that it was going to take a VERY special family to adopt her and bring her out of her shyness. We knew it was going to be a long process and patience, understanding, and unconditional love would be needed. Hannah ended up with the perfect family who has given her all of those things. She has been with the Pat and her husband for almost a year now, and is looking absolutely wonderful. These pictures alone show the amount of care that she has been given this last year, and the difference a loving home makes. She looks healthy and happy, and from what I hear from Pat, she is coming along very well with her shyness problems.

Even from my limited experience, I know that rescues (especially from puppy mill situations) can be very difficult and heartbreaking. This is one of those situations that reminds us all that the risk of heartbreak is worth helping these dogs along into loving homes.


Hannah's before pictures:



Hannah's after pictures (I think the differences speak for themselves):









No comments:

Post a Comment